Exhibit Dates: November 29 – December 30
Up to $600 may be awarded at the discretion of the prize judge.
Submission Deadline: November 6, 5 pm
All media will be considered except photography (which will be considered for the Annual Photo Show in March).
• Each entrant may submit up to three (3) works.
• All work must be original and no larger than 48” in width • The work should not have been submitted to SOAG in the past.
• Current SOAG members and their immediate families are not eligible to exhibit in this show.
• The Entry Fee of $35.00 is non-refundable and does not guarantee that your work will
be accepted into the show.
• The Entry Fee can be paid by PayPal
or by check made out to: State of the Art Gallery, postmarked by November 5, 2017 and mailed to:
Mary Ann Bowman
203 Pine Tree Road
Ithaca, New York 14850
Work will not be accepted after the stated deadlines.
Please e-mail your entries to: Mary Ann Bowman mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Contact Information: List the Artist’s Name, Address, phone number, and e-mail address simply typed out in the body of the e-mail.
• Images of up to three (3) works may be submitted. They must be jpegs at 150 ppi, between
800 and 1200 pixels on the long side and labeled with the artist’s name, followed by the image
number 01, 02 or 03. (example: m.bowman01.jpg, m.bowman02.jpg)
• An image list (Filename, Title, Size, Medium, Price) must also be submitted with all entries.
• If submitting by e-mail is problematic, please send a CD with your fee and all information as
outlined above. CD’s cannot be returned.
ACCEPTED WORK: Deadline and Notifications
• All entries must be received by 5pm Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017 and will be jury-reviewed by Friday, November 10.
e-mail notification of results will be sent by November 11-12, 2017.
• The exhibit will be curated by members of the gallery. After installation a Judge from outside the gallery will determine prizes and how the prize money will be distributed. Winners may be notified privately prior to the opening reception so that they may plan to attend the award ceremony. The awards will be presented at 6:30pm during the opening reception Friday, December 1, 2017.
DELIVERY of ACCEPTED WORK TO THE GALLERY
The work, ready for hanging, must be delivered to the gallery in person or by a
designated substitute on:
Sunday, NOVEMBER 26 between noon and 5 pm; or
Monday, November 27 between 1 and 4 pm.( Work cannot be accepted after 4pm Monday)
Work may not be shipped or mailed to the gallery.
The gallery retains the right to deny access to the show if the images delivered are substantially
different from those submitted to the jury.
PICK-UP of ART END OF SHOW
All works must be retrieved personally by artists or designated associates on:
Friday, December 29 from noon-5pm or
Saturday, December 30 from 1-3
Please understand that the gallery has no facility to store your work.
November 5, 2017, 5pm. Deadline for all entries.
November 12, 2017 Notification of acceptance/rejection.
November 26, 2017 Delivery of works 12-5 pm
November 27, 2017 Delivery of works 1-4 pm
November 29, 2017 Exhibit opens
December 1, 2017 Opening Reception 5-8 pm
December 1, 2017 Awards ceremony 6:30 pm
December 29, 2017 Exhibit closes
December 29, 2017 Pick up work noon-5 pm
December 30. 2017 1-3
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Submissions to the DECEMBER JURIED SHOW shall imply an agreement on the part of the artists to all conditions of this prospectus. Permission for SOAG to photograph accepted works for publicity, education, and reference purposes is assumed.
Sale of the work is encouraged. Work will be offered for sale with the understanding that there is a 30% commission for each sale. Work that is sold during the show should remain on display until the end of the show. Exceptions may be made for sales to out of town buyers.
While the State of the Art Gallery, its members and agents will make every effort to protect
your work, we cannot indemnify you against loss or damage to your work. In submitting to
the show you agree that the State of the Art Gallery is not liable and must be held harmless if
your work is damaged or lost.