This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
State of the Art Gallery
120 West State Street, Ithaca, New York 14850
Exhibit Dates: November 29 – December 29
Up to $600 may be awarded at the discretion of the prize judge.
Submission Deadline: November 6, 5 pm
. All media will be considered except photography (which will be considered for the Annual Photo Show in March).
• Each entrant may submit up to three (3) works.
• All work must be original. Work over 4 feet in length will not be accepted.
• If accepted into the show, the work must be delivered ready to hang (matted, framed with glass
or plexiglass in front and a wire for hanging in the back).
• The work should not have been submitted to SOAG in the past.
• Current SOAG members and their immediate families are not eligible to exhibit in this show.
• The Entry Fee of $35.00 is non-refundable and does not guarantee that your work will
be accepted into the show.
• The Entry Fee can be paid by PayPal
or by check made out to: State of the Art Gallery, postmarked by November 5, 2016 and mailed to:
Mary Ann Bowman
203 Pine Tree Road
Ithaca, New York 14850
• Work will not be accepted after the stated deadlines.
Please e-mail your entries to: Mary Ann Bowman mailto: email@example.com
• Contact Information: List the Artist’s Name, Address, phone number, and e-mail address simply printed out in the body of the e-mail.
• Images of up to three (3) works may be submitted. They must be jpegs at 150 ppi, between
800 and 1200 pixels on the long side and labeled with the artist’s name, followed by the image
number 01, 02 or 03. (example: m.bowman01.jpg, m.bowman02.jpg)
• An image list (Filename, Title, Framed Size, Medium, Price) must also be submitted with all entries.
• If submitting by e-mail is problematic, please send a CD with your fee and all information as
outlined above. CD’s cannot be returned.
• All entries must be received by 5pm Sunday, Nov. 6, 2016 and will be jury-reviewed by Friday, November 11.
e-mail notification of results will be sent by November 12-13, 2016.
• The exhibit will be curated by members of the gallery. After installation a Judge from outside the gallery will determine prizes and how the prize money will be distributed. Winners may be notified privately prior to the opening reception so that they may plan to attend the award ceremony. The awards will be presented at 6:30pm during the opening reception Friday, December 2, 2016.
DELIVERY of ACCEPTED WORK to THE GALLERY
• The work, ready for hanging, must be delivered to the gallery in person or by a
designated substitute on:
Sunday, NOVEMBER 27 between noon and 5 pm; or
Monday, November 28 between 1 and 4 pm.
• Work cannot be accepted after 4pm Monday as installation of the show begins shortly after.
• Work may not be shipped or mailed to the gallery.• The gallery retains the right to deny access to the show if the images delivered are substantiallydifferent from those submitted to the jury.TERMS AND CONDITIONSSubmissions to the DECEMBER JURIED SHOW shall imply an agreement on the part of the artists to all conditions of this prospectus. Permission for SOAG to photograph accepted works for publicity, education, and reference purposes is assumed.SALESSale of the work is encouraged. Work will be offered for sale with the understanding that there is a 30% commission for each sale. Work that is sold during the show should remain on display until the end of the show. Exceptions may be made for sales to out of town buyers.INSURANCEWhile the State of the Art Gallery, its members and agents will make every effort to protectyour work, we cannot indemnify you against loss or damage to your work. In submitting tothe show you agree that the State of the Art Gallery is not liable and must be held harmless ifyour work is damaged or lost.PICK-UP of ART at the END of the SHOW• All works must be retrieved personally by artists or designated associates on:Friday, December 30 from noon-5pmSaturday, December 31 from 1-4• Please understand that the gallery has no facility to store your work.CALENDARNovember 6, 2016, 5pm. Deadline for all entries.November 13, 2016 Notification of acceptance/rejection.November 27, 2016 Delivery of works 12-5 pmNovember 28, 2016 Delivery of works 1-4 pmNovember 29, 2016 Exhibit opensDecember 2, 2016 Opening Reception 5-8 pmDecember 2, 2016 Awards ceremony 6:30 pmDecember 30, 2016 Exhibit closesDecember 30, 2016 Pick up work noon-5 pmDecember 31, 2016 Pick up work 1-4 pmTags: Enter your zip code here