This content has been archived. It may no longer be relevant
Exhibit Dates: Wednesday, February 29 through Sunday, April 1, 2012
Up to $600 may be awarded at the discretion of the prize judge.
Submission Deadline: Friday, February 10, 2012, by 5p.m.
• Each entrant may submit up to two (2) works.
• All work should be reasonably current and original.
• If accepted into the show, the work must be delivered ready to hang (matted, framed with glass or plexiglass in front and with a wire or suitable hardware for hanging in the back).
• A photographic process must have been used in the production of the work. (Scanned work is acceptable, digital art that did not originate from a photographic process-is not).
• The work should not have been submitted to SOAG in the past.
• Current SOAG members and their immediate families are not eligible to exhibit in this show.
• The Entry Fee of $35.00 is non-refundable and does not guarantee that your work will be accepted into the show.
• The Entry Fee can be paid by PayPal
Or payment may be made by check and made out to: State of the Art Gallery , postmarked by February 10 and mailed to:
David Watkins Jr.
201 Hillview Place
Ithaca, New York 14850
Work will not be accepted after the stated deadlines.
SUBMISSION OF WORK
Please email your entries to: David Watkins Jr. at: firstname.lastname@example.org
• List the Artist Name, Address, phone numbers, e-mail and website (if applicable) in the body of the e-mail.
• Images of up to two (2) works can be submitted. They must be jpegs at 300 dpi, between 800 and 1200 pixels on the long side and labeled with the artist’s name, followed by the image number 01 or 02. (example: d.watkins01.jpg, d.watkins02.jpg)
• An image list (Filename, Title, Size, Medium, Price) must also be submitted with all entries.
• If submitting by e-mail is problematic, please send a CD with your fee and all information as outlined above. CD’s cannot be returned. Do not send prints.
ACCEPTED WORK: Deadline and Notifications
All entries must be received by 5pm Friday, February 10, 2012 and will be jury-reviewed by Friday, February 17, 2012. E-mail notification of results will be sent Feb. 18-20, 2012.
The exhibit will be curated by members of the gallery. After installation a Judge from outside the gallery will determine prizes and how the prize money will be distributed. Winners may be notified privately prior to the opening reception so that they may plan to attend the award ceremony. The awards will be presented at 6:30pm during the opening reception Friday, March 2nd 2012.
DELIVERY of ACCEPTED WORK to THE GALERY
The work, ready for hanging, must be delivered to the gallery in person or by a designated substitute on:
Sunday, February 26 between noon and 5 pm; or
Monday, February 27 between 1 and 5pm.
• Work cannot be accepted after 5pm Monday as installation of the show begins at that time.
• NO SHIPPING OR MAILING.
• The gallery retains the right to deny access to the show if the images delivered are substantially different from those submitted to the jury.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Submissions to the SOAG 23rd Annual Juried Photography Show shall imply an agreement on the part of the artists to all conditions of this prospectus. Permission for SOAG to photograph accepted works for publicity, education, and reference purposes is assumed.
Sale of the work is encouraged. Work will be offered for sale with the understanding that there is a 30% commission for each sale. Artists will be responsible for reporting and paying the sales tax. Sold artwork remains in the exhibit for the duration of the show.
While the State of the Art Gallery, its members and agents will make every effort to protect your work, we cannot indemnify you against loss or damage to your work. In submitting to the show you agree that the State of the Art Gallery is not liable and must be held harmless if your work is damaged or lost.
PICK-UP of ART at the END of the SHOW
All works must be retrieved personally by artists or designated associates on:
Sunday, April 1st from 1pm-5pm.
Please understand that the gallery has no facility to store your work, and will reserve the right to dispose of abandoned works at our discretion.
February 10, 2012 Deadline for all entries.
February 18-20, 2012 Notification of acceptance/rejection.
February 26, 2012 Delivery of works 12-5 pm
February 27, 2012 Delivery of works 1-5 pm
February 29, 2012 Exhibit opens
March 2, 2012 Opening Reception 5-8 pm
March 2, 2012 Awards ceremony 6:30 pm
April 1, 2012 Exhibit closes
April 1, 2012 Pick up work 1-5 pm